If you are a postgraduate research student at Trinity, it’s better to check out the general thesis binding specification provided by your university, and refer details to your supervisor.
Below are some abstracts from the university website, hope it will help 🙂
3.4.7 Confirmation/Transfer Dissertation
The transfer dissertation must be submitted before the deadline which will be publicised well in advance. Three copies, spiral bound, must be submitted to the Postgraduate Administrator by the due date (one each for the DTLPG, Internal Examiner and Supervisor).
The transfer dissertations must be prepared according to the following guidelines:
- Language: the dissertation must be written in good scientific English.
- Length: the dissertation must not be longer than 30 pages (including pictures and references but excluding appendices). This is a strict limit.
- Font and Spacing: the dissertation should be in New Times Roman 12pt with 1.5 line spacing or equivalent. Dissertations written in unreasonably small characters will be returned to the candidates without evaluation.
- Style: the dissertation must contain
- Abstract (max. 1 page)
- Introduction and overview of the literature (max 10 pages)
- Methods and Results (max 15 pages)
- Forward Plan (include Gaant chart or equivalent) (5 page max)
- List of Publications and Presentations
5. References must be numbered in the order in which they appear in the main text and must have the following format: Authors, Title, Journal, Number, Page, Year